Where do I find the "network security key"?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-31 03:43:36
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

After I installed my RE300 Wi-Fi Extender in a good location I then chose from the available Wi-Fi networks on my laptop and selected the Wi-Fi network_EXT with the Range Extender, but was prompted for the "network security key". I don't know where to find this "network security key".  I tried the passwords that I set up for the extender, TP-Link and my gateway/router, but none of those worked. Our mobile phones seem to be able to pick up the Extender Wi-Fi network just fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Options
6 Reply
Re:Where do I find the "network security key"?
2020-09-01 18:40:08

@EdwardET 

The wireless password for the extender will be the same password of the wireless network it is connected to. If that password does not work, look at the extenders LED lights as it may not be connected to the router if the wrong wireless password was provided.

Options
2021-09-14 15:17:29

@Tony 

We connected our tp w220 extender but our laptop computers are asking for "network security key" when we try to connect. We entered our password that  we use with our modem and it does not connect. So is the network security the same as the "password" typed onto our modem? If so it isn't working, but our galaxy phone is connected fine and the extender light shows that it is connected. Could the network security key be the SSID network name which is typed on our modem?  

Options
2021-09-27 01:03:55

@crkcity wpa4220 is the powerline extender, different from the range extender the thread is discussing about.

Its default password is printed on the WPA4220 back label, which is an 8 digit long Wi-Fi password. More question about powerline units, please start a new thread on Powerline units sub forum from here. 

Options
2021-12-06 15:02:20

@Tony 

I could not find my security key for wifi extender for model RE230 

Options
2022-01-20 02:07:03

I have a tp-link 300 mbps range extender..Where do I find the network security key??

Options
2022-04-18 15:31:38 - last edited 2022-04-18 15:33:17

crkcity wrote

We connected our tp w220 extender but our laptop computers are asking for "network security key" when we try to connect. We entered our password that  we use with our modem and it does not connect. So is the network security the same as the "password" typed onto our modem? If so it isn't working, but our galaxy phone is connected fine gplay and the extender light shows that it is connected. Could the network security key be the SSID network name which is typed on our modem?  

@crkcity 

The problem is not on the extender but from laptop. galaxy phone is connected. try to restart the laptop, modem and extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 42

Views: 30256

Replies: 6

Related Articles