Be able to block individual clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-14 16:32:37

Hello: I have an AX50 router. I want to be able to block my daughters devices (wired and wireless) when i want from my pc. I can see a block command from within tether app but i want to do this from my PC and i don't see same control level anywhere?

Also a second question if i may???? How can I simply rename the clients (wired and wireless) from my PC controls so I can make them something I know and understand? I know the PC's behave according to what i name them but other devices are just some odd number and hard to track by IP or anything else. 

Thanks, Jonathan

Options
3 Reply
Re:Be able to block individual clients
2020-09-15 15:53:54

@J-Goody 

If you go to Basic > Network Map > Select wired or wireless, there should be an edit button next to the name.

The Antivirus, Parental Controls, and QoS are all done through the app only. What you can do to block access via a web browser is to add the devices to the blacklist under Advanced > Security > Access Control.

Options
2020-09-19 00:40:23
Thanks that answers question #2 but how about #1? I've been all over it and can't find anything. Which is odd since i can actually block individual things from the app. Usually the desktop is more advanced than the app is ???
Options
2020-09-22 21:41:25

@J-Goody 

Blocking from the PC is not possible, you need to do that through the app.

Options