VPN connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN connection problems
VPN connection problems
2020-09-17 09:10:57
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555)

I've been trying to setup a VPN connection on Archer C6 with no success. I followed all the instruction steps, have enabled dynamic dns, and tried setting up Open Vpn with both UDP and TCP settings, with other settings left default.

Let me explain the configuration first (diagram below). The router is connected to ADSL modem/router/access point supplied from the ISP. ADSL modem has dynamic WAN IP and a DHCP server assigning 192.168.1.x subnet IPs. 

Archer C6 was assigned the IP from the same subnet (not WAN IP), and hence it is not accessible from the OpenVpn client on a remote machine. 

Does anyone have any workaround for this issue. I tried port forwarding on the ISP modem but still there was no VPN connection established.

Options
1 Reply
Re:VPN connection problems
2020-09-17 16:27:46

@MSlavkovic 

I would either try setting the A6 as a DMZ to bypass any security from your modem/router. If that does not work you could try bridging the modem so that the A6 gets the WAN IP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 1

Related Articles