VPN connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN connection issues
VPN connection issues
2021-07-30 12:19:35 - last edited 2022-03-15 02:59:28
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203

I am suddenly having issues connecting to my VPN.  Wasn't an issue until a few days ago.  I can connect to the VPN through my phone's hotspot or through other networks -  just not through my home network.  Any ideas?  I have rebooted the modem and Deco's a few times but that has not helped.  

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Please note that my IT understanding and knowledge is at about a 3rd grade level.  Please dumb down any assistance :)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VPN connection issues-Solution
2022-03-15 02:59:03 - last edited 2022-03-15 02:59:28

@ENTER_sf Hi, Thank you very mch for your feedback.

The original post is about Deco M5 and after troubleshooting with senior engineers, the smartphone is able to connect the Sport VPN via Deco's Wi-Fi and windows PC is not able to connect because of the system settings.

So Deco has not been confirmed with any performance issues on Sport VPN.

And there is a new firmware-1.5.4 released recently, please try to update the Deco to be the latest firmware.

If any users have the same feedback,the following suggestions would provide some assistance:

1.Please connect the laptop via Ethernet cable to the modem directly and check whether it could work with Sport VPN.

2.Check whether any parental control profiles has been set for laptop.

3.Except for this laptop, please test one more device in the local network and check whether it had the same issue as well.

While if the issue still existed, please feel free to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the answers above.

And it would be highly appreciated if you could add some error messages when failed to connect the VPN server.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:VPN connection issues
2021-08-03 01:44:19

@john0108 

Hi, would there be any error message when the client failed to connect to the VPN server?—if yes, can I have a screenshot?

Have you ever set up any parental control profiles for the VPN client?

Please also turn off the firewall and antivirus temporarily for a test.

Since the issue just started recently, are there any new devices joining the home network, or any changes have been made?

Thank you.

Options
2021-08-04 21:54:47

Below is the screen shot of the error message.  I don't have any parental controls on.  I am not aware of any new devices that have joined the network.  Are they any know issues with any devlcies?  We have a little bit of everything connected (Apple products, Samsung products, X-boxes, etc).  I have spoken to our internet provider. I was told that since I can connect to the VPN when hardwired from the modem to my comptuter, the issue is not with them.  I spoke to my IT employee (who is more a coder then IT help) and was told that since I can connect to the VPN from other networks, he thought the issues was with my network / router.  Thank you for your assistance!  

Options
2021-10-28 21:57:44
I have the same exact issue. It works using any other router/modem/hotspot except deco m5. TP-link support was no help. I verified with my service provider they are not the issue. On the bright side, it occasionally decides to start working again so you have something to look forward to.
Options
2022-03-09 15:49:04

@Landersams We have several customers with Deco M4 who have had the same problem. If TP-link can not give us a solution quickly, we must stop selling this brand.

Options
Re:VPN connection issues-Solution
2022-03-15 02:59:03 - last edited 2022-03-15 02:59:28

@ENTER_sf Hi, Thank you very mch for your feedback.

The original post is about Deco M5 and after troubleshooting with senior engineers, the smartphone is able to connect the Sport VPN via Deco's Wi-Fi and windows PC is not able to connect because of the system settings.

So Deco has not been confirmed with any performance issues on Sport VPN.

And there is a new firmware-1.5.4 released recently, please try to update the Deco to be the latest firmware.

If any users have the same feedback,the following suggestions would provide some assistance:

1.Please connect the laptop via Ethernet cable to the modem directly and check whether it could work with Sport VPN.

2.Check whether any parental control profiles has been set for laptop.

3.Except for this laptop, please test one more device in the local network and check whether it had the same issue as well.

While if the issue still existed, please feel free to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the answers above.

And it would be highly appreciated if you could add some error messages when failed to connect the VPN server.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1179

Replies: 5

Related Articles