Locked out from network for "MAC flooding"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-25 03:38:35 - last edited 2020-09-29 14:02:28
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20200708 Rel. 47302

Hi everybody, and thank you for your time. I'm struggling with this one.
I got my TP-Link RE200 v4 locked out from the communal wifi network of my residential area.

They told me to try with a different model of range extender, because this one got filtered out due to "MAC flooding".

They also said my device probably doesn't work well with some of the network features: vlan, client isolation.
But it was working perfectly, during the first few days: I had that signal indoors, clear and strong.

Then, without any intervention on my part, it stopped receiving internet signal all of a sudden.

I can still connect my other devices to its own local network, but that's it.

I can also connect them to the external wifi directly, the only one having problems is the range extender.
So I figured, is there any way to change or spoof the MAC address of my TP-Link RE200 v4?
Do you have some other idea to try, before giving up?
Thank you very much

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Locked out from network for "MAC flooding"-Solution
2020-09-25 17:00:47 - last edited 2020-09-29 14:02:28

@Geepee 

Unfortunately, there is not a way to do that.

I'm thinking the MAC flooding may be due to every connected device having a different MAC address too.

What I would probably look at using is something like the TL-WR902AC where it can connect to a wireless network, but maintain its own local network (link) so only the 902AC MAC addresses is sent through the network.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Locked out from network for "MAC flooding"-Solution
2020-09-25 17:00:47 - last edited 2020-09-29 14:02:28

@Geepee 

Unfortunately, there is not a way to do that.

I'm thinking the MAC flooding may be due to every connected device having a different MAC address too.

What I would probably look at using is something like the TL-WR902AC where it can connect to a wireless network, but maintain its own local network (link) so only the 902AC MAC addresses is sent through the network.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Locked out from network for "MAC flooding"
2020-09-29 14:02:23

@Tony thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 474

Replies: 2