Erratic system reboots

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Erratic system reboots

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Erratic system reboots
Erratic system reboots
2020-10-06 19:42:19
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

These last couple of weeks we've started having issues where internet has died completely - at first I thought our ISP had issues which they indeed have sometimes.

But when they have issues, they always announce the problem and gives SMS updates when the technician is working on the issue and when it's fixed.

Anyhow. When it started happening basically every day and without any ISP announcements, and quite short downtimes, I ran over to the router when the network died - and noticed something strange. All LED lights died on the router, then turned orange and then back to normal (blue as they should be). Basically, the router did a reboot. 

When I now started going through the system logs on the router, I can see each time the router rebooted and normal start up of services and what not. Along with that I can see a couple of reoccurring error codes which has been logged with close intervals since basically forever. Not sure why the problem would start just now when the error messages has been logged every now and then since I got the router. But if the error messages are not related, why would my router restart seemingly at random? I cannot see any logs indicating any other failures before the router reboot itself.

To mention a couple of error messages:

• Led Controller - Error Code 936: (288753) Config importing failed
  • Led Controller - Error Code 937: (288753) Config importing failed
  • Led Controller - Error Code 938: (288753) Config importing failed - This being logged 5-6 times a minute since last year.
  • Led Controller - Error Code 939: (288753) Config importing failed
  • Led Controller - Error Code 940: (288753) Config importing failed
  • Led Controller - Error Code 941: (288753) Config importing failed

Exported state:

2020-02-18 11:26:37 led-controller[938]: <3> 288753 Config importing failed
2020-02-18 11:26:02 led-controller[938]: <3> 288753 Config importing failed
2020-02-18 11:25:59 led-controller[938]: <3> 288753 Config importing failed
2020-02-18 11:25:53 led-controller[938]: <3> 288753 Config importing failed

I haven't found any way to find out what the error codes actually mean - is there a list of error codes and their explanation somewhere I haven't been able to find yet?

Any other suggestions?

Feel free to ask me any further questions, I realize my explanation might be a little fuzzy :)

Oh! Forgot to mention, the router is less than a year old running the lastest available firmware.

Thanks in advance!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Erratic system reboots
2020-10-07 16:09:25

@MyCreeds 

I would first try updating the router with the latest firmware again, even if it is already the current version. 

What is the model of your modem?

Do you have anything connected to the router LAN? If so, what?

Do you have a USB drive connected?

Is your guest network enabled?

Options
2020-10-08 15:49:29

@Tony Hi, thanks for the response! 

* I have no modem. The ISP only has a network port in the wall in each apartment, going straight to their switch and on to their fiber network (yeah, I'm no network technician, sorry).  

* I have my PlayStation 4 and a PC connected to a LAN port, and 6 mobile devices on WiFi connection. 

* No USB connected

* No guest network running

I'll try installing the latest firmware once again. Thanks. 

Options
2020-10-08 20:59:57

@MyCreeds 

If your PC is Wi-Fi capable try disconnecting it and see if that stops the reboots. May seem odd but a computer has been seen causing the router to reboot.

Options
2020-11-11 09:55:37

@MyCreeds 

thanks for this, as I'm having the same problem!  Says the same things and all after a period of at least 18months of no problems... 

Has your problem resolved as I've done reboots, changed the time to google, new power supply, etc. 

tp link has messed up somewhere here and need an urgent patch update..

tp link - can you please address this problem with some urgency as it seems something has changed..

I have a C9 latest firmware etc and just keeps rebooting a few times a day. Working from home in this Covid world is proving difficult with this router problem... as I said no issues until a few weeks ago.

thanks  for your help,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 494

Replies: 4

Related Articles