Deco login reset doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-11 18:27:22

I have an AC1200 (x3 set up as a mesh network) with the latest firmware and I can't login. I Was attempting to use the management software (to reboot the network, again, because it was dying, again) but didn't have the password handy so I tried the reset password link (which only works in the App of course). That was a big mistake because even after successfully resetting via the link sent to me the app doesn't recognize the credentials. How do I get my own network to allow me in to manage it? I am about to throw this thing out since it is so unreliable and everything about the management interface is horrible.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco login reset doesn't work
2020-10-13 15:26:23

@SomeUser 

You can also use www.tplinkcloud.com to reset your password and log in to verify the credentials. You can't do anything else with the site, but only log in to make sure you are entering the right credentials.

If you still have trouble I would reach out to support so they can work with you.

Options
2020-10-13 21:51:46

@Tony Yeah. Did that. _it_ has the new password but that didn't update my router. The idea that I have to go to some website to administer my network sends chills up my spine. I am ditching this product.

Options
2020-10-13 23:00:39

@SomeUser 

That site is not used to administer the Deco system. The site was suggested only to verify the TP-Link ID was correct since you stated the password reset only works in the app.

You can only administer the Deco system by using the Deco app, nothing else.

Options
2020-10-14 02:46:17

@Tony I used the 'password reset' link in the deco app. got the e-mail. updated the password and can now use all tp-link stuff but _not_ get into my home network with that. My response was that I could log into the suggested site, not that I used it to change my password.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 542

Replies: 4

Related Articles