Votes

Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products

Votes

Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products

102 Reply
Re:Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products
2023-02-13 18:03:45

@KenJG,

We honestly have not seen much information on this, so it would be unfair to give a timeline. The compatibility was actually first tested and delivered through a beta firmware update to the AX55. Two separate firmware updates posted to the forums, brought first EasyMesh Compatability, and then the current beta firmware is testing the wired backhaul for EasyMesh networks. As this is just a testing phase, the feature may change before it is officially released.

As the feature is developed we may be able to learn more about what systems will support the feature and when it is coming out. Since this has been such a popular request, I will try to make an effort to provide an update if I am given one.

Options
2023-02-13 18:24:57

@Riley_S 

I would be happy to take part in a beta test if there is interest. I have an old house with very thick walls and quite a few rooms. I have installed CAT6 cabling throughout most of it and currently have 6 access points in various places. I also have a garage and shed without cabling so in need of wireless extending but they canno "see" the main ap in the attic. I might make a useful test subject.

Options
2023-02-14 17:40:20

@KenJG,

We have only beta firmware available for the Archer C80,C64, and C80 that adds this feature right now. https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/59631 - However this feature has now been added to the official firmware for these devices and no longer requires the firmware.

What type of Archer are you currently using? I will see if I can find any specific information or else I can keep an eye out for a potential beta firmware in the future.

Options
2023-02-14 17:44:55

@Riley_S 

Archer AX600 and RE605X

Options
2023-02-15 12:41:25

@Riley_S 

Archer AX6000

Version:

1.2.5 Build 20211208 rel.49262

Options
2023-02-18 11:32:11

@Riley_S 

Hi, I have an Archer C7 router with a number of RE505X extenders. These are currently just set up as access points using the cat6 cable. I also have a number of older routers, also connected via cable. SSID is set up to be the same on all.

Options
RE:Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products
2023-03-03 22:51:26
Hello everyone! I think Ethernet Backhaul should be a mandatory feature for all OneMesh devices. I just bought AX archer router with the idea to test it and then decide exacly how many tp-link ax extenders i need to buy in order to use OneMesh. The cables are already implemented. I didnt expected that this feature is not available. This is essensial expecially in a case the client can not make a Star topology, and based on the home need to have two extenders in a chain link. Extender after extender with wireleess backhaul drops the quality too much. Powerlines are not options in many places due to low quality lines leading to really low speeds (few mbps) and drops. I'm currently using Archer AX23. I'm considering of buying RE505X extenders. Can you give me feedback if you have already planned timeline for OneMesh eth backhaul compatibility for RE505X or RE605X models. Thank you in advance
Options
2023-03-04 19:17:45

@Riley_S 

It's unfortunate and disheartening such a desirable feature is not available for one of the "top-of-the-line" routers like the AX11000 + RE505X & RE605X

Options
2023-03-18 10:14:23

Hi, +1 here

having wires behind the OneMesh sounds so logical and useful. Waiting for new fw as well. I personally using AX73 + RE200.

Regards Jan

Options
2023-03-21 16:04:48

@JP_NL 

+1 here to, using the AX23 and the RE500.

Options

Voters 58

+ 54 Voters