KC200 No live video in the Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-19 19:28:08 - last edited 2020-10-19 19:31:47
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.1

This is the second time my camera stop to present live video in the Kasa app.

It's only showing the latest working video view. Today I can see a picture from last night.

The camera is connected to the cloud and I can go to the setting and change different things.

I'm also triggered a motion someway in the app, but the record is from last night 

It would be very nice to have a reboot button in the app to do a real restart of the camera.

It's hard for me to restart it manually, because I need to drive for 4 hr to get to my cabin.

Last time It hanged a restart did the work. 

Why not possibility to reboot ? I have it on my router Archer MR600 and I use sometime to resolve different problems.

Possible problem, my thought.

1. The Wifi, not so good signal strength.

2. Firmware update, when is the firmware updated? no clue. Need 1 more restart?

3. The outside temperature, this night it was below -7.5 Celsius

But a restart fixed it last time, unplugged the cabel.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:KC200 No live video in the Kasa app
2020-10-21 21:56:09

@mblom 

You can set a schedule to have the camera turn off or on, but I do not believe it is the full reboot you are looking for. If you happen to have a smart plug (HS100, HS103, HS105) you can have that manually reboot the camera.

Check the camera signal strength by tapping on the camera in the device menu, go to the settings, then scroll down to device info, tap on the Wi-Fi network. If your signal strength is someone of -60 dBm to -70 dBm then I would look at moving the camera closer or maybe using a range extender for the camera?

You can check to see if there is new firmware by going to the top left menu icon, then settings > firmware upgrade.

The camera is rated to operate as low as -20 Celsius so the environment should be fine.

Options
2020-10-22 07:10:55

@Tony

Unfortunately it will not help me. I have changed the wireless setting in my router, blocked 5 GHz and got better signal.

But still no video. The camera have connection with the cloud and I can change settings.

My concern is why its not working. This is the second time and I don't like to have smart plug to every hardware that I have because of some bug.

It the same with my Archer MR600. But in the router I can schedule it to reboot every morning.

Options
2020-10-23 21:29:09

@mblom 

It may be best to follow up with support in this case to see if there is an issue with the camera.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 436

Replies: 3