AX6000 won't automatically connect to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-23 07:42:07 - last edited 2020-10-23 07:47:10
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254(5553)

I have an AX6000 and love it, but it does have a few small annoying perks I would like to resolve.
I currently live on an island in Thailand, so our power goes out pretty regularly a few times a week.
When the power goes out my Fiber Modem and AX6000 Router both reset.
It takes my Fiber Modem about 1-minute longer to start sending internet back to the AX6000 router, but the AX6000 has already turned red and shows that there is no internet connection, even though the modem is sending it internet. And it never automatically resets, or detects that there is internet being sent to it. It will just stay red until I manually reboot the router. Thus every time the power goes out, I have to go and manually reboot the AX6000 (or do it from my phone) multiple times per week. Which is pretty annoying for a super expensive router.

It's strange because even my cheap basic routers would always be checking for internet connection from the modem, and when it detected that internet was indeed back, it would then start sending wifi and turn from red to green, all by itself. But this super expensive router can't do that?

Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this issue, is there any way to have it automatically start sending out wifi again after the internet connection is returned?

Thanks guys.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX6000 won't automatically connect to the internet
2020-10-23 18:45:07

@r3lyks 

If you leave the router on does it ever connect or does it stay red? Say leaving it for several minutes.

If the router remains on, and you reboot the modem, does the router then get internet?

Options
2020-10-24 01:43:10
Yes, it will stay red, even if I leave it for a few hours or even the next day. It will continually stay red until I manually reboot the router. Even though the internet connection has been on the whole time. When I reboot the router, then it changes to blue, and everything works. Is this it's normal behavior by design?
Options
2020-10-27 00:45:08

@Tony Any solution here?

Options
2020-10-28 16:56:58

@r3lyks 

It is not normal for the router to not automatically grab the internet again, it should be checking for an internet connection. 

You mentioned you reboot the router, but not if you leave the router alone, and only reboot the modem?

If you get internet that way by rebooting the modem, then there may be another variable. 

What the router does is check to see if there is internet by utilizing the assigned DNS servers. Now if the internet is red, and you look at the WAN settings, if the IP is all 0's then the router is not getting an IP anymore. If the router does get an IP, then I would try different DNS servers such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

I would recommend reaching out to support to see if they determine the router may have malfunctioned.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1117

Replies: 4

Related Articles