Slow speeds via tp-link Deco w2400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-15 22:10:58
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Please note my Deco W2400 is not listed in the model list. I do not know what hardware version it is. I know the firmware is the latest version. 

I have spectrum 100MB internet

I setup mesh network and it only gives me 30mb wired or Wi-Fi.

I tested the network by plugging in my laptop via cable to the wi-fi box for spectrum. 117mb down. I then plug in the laptop to the tp-link tower and get 25mb down. Also the port on the Spectrum router blinks yellow when tp-link is plugged in. The same port blinks green when the laptop is plugged in. I went back to TP-link wi-fi and still get 25mb. 

What can I do to get the TP-link to deliver full 100mb speeds?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow speeds via tp-link Deco w2400
2020-11-17 17:08:00

@BeaverMjr 

If you are testing wired on the main Deco speeds should be something maybe 80 Mbps plus? 

Your laptop probably has a gigabit port like the modem, but the Deco has a Fast Ethernet port so it is rated to only up to 100 Mbps. 

Try swapping the Ethernet cable that the Deco is using going to the modem. 

If you go into the QoS settings there may be a section that shows the upload and download speeds. If so, change those manually to reflect your subscribed internet speeds.

Options
2020-12-16 20:58:41

I have tried a new ethernet cable and it did not help. I also tried rebooting the main Deco and going wired from the main unit. I am getting download speads, less than 10MB sometimes dropping below 1mb. I also set the QOS to 1000Mbps up and down to allow the fastest speeds. I can not explain why the device is not allowing speeds at near 100mb which is the service I pay for. what else can you recommend besides going officespace on the system?

I tried using the deco app and found out that all the devices are gettting the signal source as the main unit which is in the basement. The second unit on ground floor and the other 2 units upstairs. How do I set the 2 on the second floor to use the unit on the ground level as their signal source?

And how do I get the units to allow faster up and down speeds more inline with the 100MB service I pay the cable company for?

Options
2020-12-17 21:41:09

@BeaverMjr 

Try going to the furthest Deco device, factory resetting by holding the reset for one second, then add it back into the Deco network. What the Deco should do is see what connections are available, then choose the one that works best. As the Deco compares the satellite Deco with the main, the extra network hop may not be faster than connecting directly to the main Deco even though it is further.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1446

Replies: 3