TP-Link Archer C7 v5 port flapping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-24 00:35:33 - last edited 2020-11-24 00:36:56
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Archer C7(US)_V5_201030

I have been told by my ISP (Wave G) that this model consistently causes issues with their 48-port Cisco switch (which is connected to the internet via fiber).  Various customers across multiple buildings they service invariably have problems with this specific router only.

The ISP states the C7v5 causes port flapping, and this triggers a MAC violation, causing the link to disconnect for 15 minutes.  The problem is sporadic, but reproducible, and links going down maybe once a day with average home use. 

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C7 v5 port flapping
2020-11-24 14:02:01
Have not had that issue. Some things I would try is first bypass the router and connect a PC direct to the ISP bypassing the router to see if you have the error. If no error, then reattach the router but only the PC attached to the Ethernet port and the WIFI off. Check for the issue. If no issue, add devices one at a time.
Options
2020-11-24 16:56:18

Thank you @ArcherC8, but I did not set up this forum account, nor detail my issue because there is a user error.

The problem has been reported and reproduced but multiple different sources / users.  And the problem does not occur with other routers.

Options
2020-12-01 00:49:48

@NTheZone 

Though you did not setup this account up or post to the community for a user issue ArcherC8 was correct in their suggestions.  We would need to rule it out.  An ISP saying our product is causing issues is simply not enough information to determine our product is at fault.  We would be happy to forward it up to engineering but we would need details from your ISP and what they are seeing to investigate the concern.  Can they provide event logs or anything of the like that we can use to investigate?  we would also need to know what firmware your router is currently running 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 3