AX1500 firmware update fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 13:38:56
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20190809 Rel. 28188(5553)

So attempted a recommended firmware upgrade and it fails from within the internet download on the web interface of the device.

However the device also says we should not attempt to use it while it upgrades.

So any suggestions as to how to upgrade a device without using the device to upgrade itself?

Yes I have it downloaded to my pc and I am going to attempt it from there later however I still fail to see an unattended upgrade button anywhere.

Options
11 Reply
Re:AX1500 firmware update fails
2020-12-21 16:28:48

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-ax10&ax1500_v1/chapter-13-manage-the-router#ug-sub-title-1

Don544 wrote

So attempted a recommended firmware upgrade and it fails from within the internet download on the web interface of the device.

So any suggestions as to how to upgrade a device without using the device to upgrade itself?

Yes I have it downloaded to my pc and I am going to attempt it from there later however I still fail to see an unattended upgrade button anywhere.

@Don544 

Not sure what your problem is? I've never had that happen, but if you DID d/l the file, you'll need to UNZIP it first, and then load it in.

Here is a link to your MANUAL, https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-ax10&ax1500_v1/chapter-13-manage-the-router#ug-sub-title-1

Check Chapter 13, especially section 1.2 please.

Options
2020-12-21 21:10:14

@IrvSp Have the manual and I know it is a zip file. But thanks

Options
2020-12-21 21:13:14

@IrvSp However that does not address either question, How is one supposed to update the machine if one is not using it to do so and why does it continue to fail. As you did not ever have the problem you can not help other then to earn yourself points for answering with a non answer.

But Thanks Again

IrvSp wrote

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-ax10&ax1500_v1/chapter-13-manage-the-router#ug-sub-title-1

Don544 wrote

@Don544 

Not sure what your problem is? I've never had that happen, but if you DID d/l the file, you'll need to UNZIP it first, and then load it in.

Here is a link to your MANUAL, https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-ax10&ax1500_v1/chapter-13-manage-the-router#ug-sub-title-1

Check Chapter 13, especially section 1.2 please.

Options
2020-12-21 22:07:19

Don544 wrote

@IrvSp However that does not address either question, How is one supposed to update the machine if one is not using it to do so and why does it continue to fail. As you did not ever have the problem you can not help other then to earn yourself points for answering with a non answer.

But Thanks Again

@Don544 

Like I said, I never HAD that problem.

Don't confuse 'using' it with being able to UPDATE it. What that means, STOP all operations on the router by all devices.

Not that you can't let it be in use. During the process of UPDATING it will D/L the f/w and then basically DROP everything else, and start installing the f/w and then REBOOT the router.

Now you keep mentioning 'failing' but don't disclose how or provide the error you see.

If you can't do it via the UPDATE process, and you DID ASK how to install it locally, I replied how do it.

I don't need points or anything else and I resent your remark as I'm trying to help you.

I am done with THIS...

Goodbye!

Options
2021-11-21 16:04:51

@IrvSp 

I am having the same problem with updating the firmware. I get the message that a new firmware update is available do you want to download? I select yes but the downloads just remains at 0% and never starts. Then the message update failed appears. Makes no sense to me

Options
2021-11-21 16:12:21

@psprague57 

Not knowing what f/w, the OS you are using, and other information, like do other d/l's from other places work, or even how are you d/l'inng it, it is hard to tell what your problems are? I suspect it is an OS or Firewall issue.

More info on how and what you get (if any error codes) would help here.

Options
2021-11-22 13:55:02

@IrvSp 

Read all the info available and as you seem to assume I can not read your post like much of your others here is useless to me.

I do not care if you have not have the problem and I do know how to zip and unzip files although the waste of zipping files is another subject all together.

The router in question is not ready for prime time and has been relagated to the return pile any way.

Any router that the manufacturer has a basic  response with "reboot" and or "reset and reconnect" ALL your products as their tech soulution is not worth the dollars spent.

Options
2021-11-23 02:40:01

Hello @Don544, we understand you were and are still not happy with the router, but I would ask you to review the Community Guidelines.  The first guideline is to be respectful to your fellow users, we and our community users are here to assist the users who experience an issue with their TP-Link devices, we hope we are respectful to each other when discussing and communicating here.  @IrvSp was trying to provide some suggestions based on the information you provided as well as what he knows, that may be not helpful to resolve the issue you reported. 

@psprague57 

Do you still encounter the firmware upgrade failure on your Archer AX1500? If the upgrade still fails, you may check if there is anything wrong when connecting to the TP-Link cloud server to download and upgrade the firmware, you can try changing the router DNS servers to Google's 8.8.8.8 or Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1, then check again.

Options
2022-03-06 06:34:22 - last edited 2022-03-06 06:36:07

Don544 wrote

@Kevin_Z , I've got the same issue as @psprague57 

How do I change the router DNS servers ??

Options
2022-03-07 05:35:39

alexshel wrote

Don544 wrote

@Kevin_Z , I've got the same issue as @psprague57 

How do I change the router DNS servers ??

Hello @alexshel, do you mean you cannot check for the new official firmware on the router web GUI? You can verify that if you have already installed the latest official version, which is Archer AX10(US)_V1.2_220117.

If you still want to change the DNS server on the router, you may login to the router web GUI and go to Advanced > Network > Internet page, then input the Primary and Secondary DNS Servers on the router manually:

How to Change the DNS servers on the wireless router

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2722

Replies: 11