Range Extender RE300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Range Extender RE300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Range Extender RE300
Range Extender RE300
2021-02-22 00:29:52
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I set up my tp-link range extender RE 300 with my Wi-Fi Network.  All four lights solid-on on the extender.

How do I know if the extender is working and providing the most powerful range? 

Also,  on my iPhone WiFi settings, I have two Network name Wi-Fi and Network Name Wi-Fi_EXT. The latter does not want to connect and switches back to the Network name without _EXT.

Did I do anything wrong when I set up my range extended. 

Thanks,

Patrick (Wongman) 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender RE300
2021-02-23 22:24:38

@Wongman 

If the signal light is white and both 2.4G and 5G then the extender should be connected successfully to your router. The _ext network would be the extender. Since you are only seeing two networks, it seems that your router has the 2.4G and 5G networks named the same rather than different.

With respect to your iPhone, try forgetting your main wireless network and the ext network, then connect back to the ext network. 

If you connect to the ext network but have no internet, try the following:

-Rename your wireless router networks to be different:

2.4G: mywifi

5G: mywifi-5G

Factory reset the RE300 by holding the reset pinhole for 15 seconds, then set it up again. In the end you should see four networks, two being the original router and two being the extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 761

Replies: 1

Related Articles