C9 v1 in bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C9 v1 in bridge mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C9 v1 in bridge mode
C9 v1 in bridge mode
2021-03-07 20:44:44
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 210107 dated 2020-11-19

Hello:

I need help getting my C9 to act as a wireless bridge/extender/AP. Here is my setup:

1. Updated to the latest firmware on the c9.

2. I have Xfinity INternet Service with a Gateway supplied by Comcast.

3. The Xfinity gateway LAN DHCP assigns 10.0.0.x addresses.

4. I gave the archer the WAN address that the gateway uses.

5. I set the internal IP on the Archer to 10.0.0.68

6. I went to Advance>System Tools>System Parameters and surveyed the 5G network the Xfinity gateway is broadcasting being sure to add the password for the gateway's wifi network.

7. I disabled DHCP.

8. At this point, I can longer get to the Archer's admin page at the new 10.0.0.68 address when connected to the xfinitiy router or the old 192 management IP when attached to the Archer's network.

Any help? Would blanking the WAN address and setting the Archer's gateway to the Xfinity gateway help?

Options
1 Reply
Re:C9 v1 in bridge mode
2021-03-08 23:55:33

@racerpgt 

You would not configure anything on the WAN port since the WAN interface is not talking to anything.

LAN IP looks good, but I would connect to the 2.4G, 5G doesn't have the greatest of distance so if the signal drops it would be causing headaches.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 1

Related Articles