Deco X20 Satellite deco blinking red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-18 20:20:13
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi,

I have been facing this problem from quite a fail, I tried everything on forum, talked with tech but they were unable to resolve my issue. Satellite deco keeps blinking red light and then goes to solid yellow this repeats in a cycle. I tried resetting whole network, interchanging deco's, direct connecting satellite deco with Main deco using ethernet cable but all fails. Please suggest some solution.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Satellite deco blinking red
2021-03-19 21:24:04

@Shrik 

You can try resetting the device on different color patterns (holding reset for 1 second) to see if that may get it out of the reboot loop. However, it seems like the device may be faulty, which I would follow up with support to see what other options may be available.

Options
2021-03-23 19:15:46

@Tony I have tried contacting support through multiple mails but I was very disappointed with the service, I can add you to mail chain if needed, so that you can take a look in the issue more deeply. So far its not working and I tried all the troubleshooting steps. Any help will be appreciated

Options
2022-01-29 01:33:21

@Tony 

I have the same issue here. And I have tried to reset. But it doesn't work. Any other solutions?

Options
2022-02-07 06:08:54

@Ndlee 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Were you still having the same issue on the satellite Deco?

By the way, how many X20s do you have?

Have you tried to move it a little closer to the main Deco?---maybe it is caused by the distance and please make sure the signal source strength has at least 2 Wi-Fi bars?

If the location is quite suitable, how often would the LED turn blink red? And would it automatically restore back to green?

It would be highly appreciated if you could provide more details to me.

Thanks!

Options
2022-07-24 04:08:47

@TP-Link My 2 nd TP Link X20 set up yesterday was blinking red & pulsating with green.Green lasts for < 10 seconds & starts blinking red. After a few seconds the next cycle starts. Distance between main deco and this is less than 15'. How to resolve this issue? Main deco is in solid green.& good. Pl. help

Options
2022-07-26 07:10:31

@Viswanath 

Hi, is the LED like blinking red>>blinking green>>solid green for about 10s?

Would it be possible to record a video clip for me?

Have you tried a factory reset on the secondary X20?

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2125

Replies: 6

Related Articles