Private Mac Address and Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 12:13:17 - last edited 2021-12-06 10:41:06
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 4.0.0 Build 20160315 Rel. 34536

Hi friends!

I'm having some troubles with Private Mac Addresses and my Archer C9 v2.

I just cant join my Wireless Network with devices marked with the private mac enabled.

But if i disable the Private Mac Address, i can connect the devices.

I tried to turned on/off the Security Options (such as SPI Firewall, Access Controls, and ARP Bindings), but i had no success.

I already know that i can just disable the private mac address option on the device (Apple Iphone 12, for example), but this is a situation that i want to avoid, specially if i need to allow some guests to join my Wifi Network, and i just couldn't find a solution for this.

Remembering that the private mac address function gives the device a random mac address when joining a network, for security reasons. This function are beeing implementeded by Google and Apple on their devices.

The funny thing is: my devices cant connect with the random mac generated by the device, but if i open the "Wireless Stations Statistics", the random mac appears on the list (such as the connection type - in my case, 2.4 Ghz -, security type, and the received and sent packets with a low value (because it couldnt connect, but were recognized by the router).

Someone give me a tip about this trouble?

Thanks, my friends!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 0

Related Articles