TPLink C4000 looses connectivity to WAN, Fails to get a WAN DHCP assigned address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TPLink C4000 looses connectivity to WAN, Fails to get a WAN DHCP assigned address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-06 17:43:08
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901(5553)

About every 6-8 days, my router looses connectivity to my Fiber ISP, and when it fails, it doesn't negotiate a new WAN Public IP Address. In order to preserve the SYSLOG, I do not reboot the router, but rather just UNPlug the Internet cable from the TP Link router going to the Fiber Termination box and then plug it back in. Voila, it gets a new Dynamic WAN IP Address and all is good. With out me being here, I'm very learing of leaving and not being able to get to my devices when remote and this 'deadly embrace' of WAN DHCP address assignment occurs.

TP0Link Tech support says to reset the modem... blah..blah..blah.... Been there previous times, no use.

I'm thinking on checking off the option box for "Get IP using Unicast DHCP" rather than the UDP structure for DHCP currently in use by this TPLink Archer C4000 router.

Anybody else loosing their WAN connectivity recently?

No power issues here, and ISP says "It is your home router not working correctly".

-cv

Options
1 Reply
Re:TPLink C4000 looses connectivity to WAN, Fails to get a WAN DHCP assigned address
2021-04-07 16:13:27

@ChristopherV 

Maybe something about the MAC address the modem doesn't like?

Connect your computer directly to the modem, reboot the modem. Once you verify the computer has internet, change the Ethernet cable to the router. Log into the router with the same computer and go to Advanced > Network > Internet, and select "Clone current computer MAC address". See if the connection holds that way.

Options