Just purchased SF1005D desktop switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-04 05:25:04

I just bought a SF1005D desktop switch. I have home ethernet/DSL connecting to my desktop PC ,and I wanted to share the internet connection between my PC and my Samsung Galaxy S9. My DSL is connected from my router to Port 5, and I've connected both my Galaxy S9 and desktop through two of the remaining ports.I have green flashing lights and everything's plugged in. The problem is, I can only access the internet on one device at a time. To use the other, I need to physically unplug the other device, and replug in the router cable to Port 5. Do I have the wrong device for sharing DSL internet between devices?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Just purchased SF1005D desktop switch
2021-08-11 10:44:55

@AJSimon  Hello, 

May I know the model of your modem , it is a pure modem or modem router? You probably need a router in the network. 

And pure modem could only provide Internet for 1 device, and it requires a to work with a router and router acts as DHCP server and assigned IP  addressed for multiple clients.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 1

Related Articles