[Solution] Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet under Spectrum service

[Solution] Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet under Spectrum service

18 Reply
Re:[Solution] Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet under Spectrum service
2022-01-06 01:54:16

@rwetzel273 

Thank you for the update laughand I will note it down and report to the senior engineers.

Options
Re:[Solution] Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet under Spectrum service
2022-12-18 13:38:04

@TP-Link 

I just switched from Frontier to Spectrum and am encountering these disconnects.   It was not a problem with Frontier at all.   I'm on firmware 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel. 36456 for my M5.  Is this version supposed to have the fixes that were in the 1.5 beta version earlier in this thread?

Options
2022-12-19 07:58:21

@tb_1015 

Hi yes, and the official firmware has fixed this issue already.

If you are still encountering these disconnects, could you please help me check the following details:

1. Would the main Deco turn red?

2. Can you still get a valid IP address under Deco APP>More>Internet connection>IPV4 when the internet was disconnected?

3. How often was the disconnection?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-05 16:56:11

@TP-Link this issue has arise'd again, and the solution provided... is just reiterating the issue. Please hot patch at the earliest possible time  

Options
2023-07-14 17:30:21

@TP-Link 

I have the same issue,  Just appeared in the last month or so.   

Yes, my firmware(1.2.6 Build 20230518 Rel. 60781) is up to date.  Xfinity is my provider.    

If there is a hot patch, I would be happy to install it.    Where would I find it?   How would I install it? 

SqlTac@gmail.com

TP-Link wrote

Update:

The issue mentioned below has been fixed on the latest firmware and please make sure your Deco is up to date!

Issue Description/Phenomenon:
It's been reported that the Deco may lose Internet connection frequently under Spectrum network.  The main Deco may turn red, rebooting the Deco or unplugging/plugging the Ethernet cable from the modem could restore the connection. 

However, if the connection doesn't recover by power cycling the Deco,  unless power cycling the Spectrum modem, you're strongly suggested to contact Spectrum to troubleshoot first. On some occasions, the "Online" LED on the Spectrum modem always remains illuminated, while you actually get disconnected from their network.

It's also suggested to verify the IP address on the Deco network (Open the Deco App > More > Advanced > IPv4) when the issue happens. If the IPv4 address is all 0.0.0.0, the disconnection might be also caused by the line or modem,  try to contact Spectrum for further assistance.

Related Article:

Fix unstable connection when connected to the Deco network

Options
2023-08-14 14:39:11

@Caber I am still having this issue with my new BE95 setup. I purchased it because I kept having issues with my 6 x60s, and thought it would help, but it didn't. I have Xfinity and 1.0.7 Build 20230510 Rel. 6409. The app is saying that it's currently "Up To Date" but it looks like this fix was created last month... can you please patch the BE95 firmware also?

Options
2023-08-14 15:33:44

@benedictmt I was able to determine that I Don't have the newest firmware... The app always said that I did though, so I think that's the issue your team needs to address. Thanks.

Options
2023-10-29 19:59:36 - last edited 2023-10-29 20:05:18

@TP-Link 

This is now happening after running fine for months. The main unit disconnects 5 times a day from Spectrum. Any ideas? All units say they are running latest firmware.

Options
Related Articles