LED light for internet turns red intermittently and wifi connections fail

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-26 21:43:58
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My internet LED light intermittently goes red, and the devices temporarilly lose connection.   

It generally comes back in 30 seconds or so, but it happens farily regularly.    Quite annoying.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Sam  (TucanAz)

Options
6 Reply
Re:LED light for internet turns red intermittently and wifi connections fail
2021-08-26 21:45:49

@TucanAz   BTW, I have upgraded to the latest firmware....

Options
2021-08-27 08:02:32

@TucanAz 

Hi, please ensure the network and internet is stable by wiring a computer directly to the ISP modem, and test for some time. If the ISP modem connection is confirmed to be stable, then follow the troubleshooting suggestion first to see if the disconnect issue can be resolved:
[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

BTW, who is your ISP? What kind of modem are you using? If the issue is confirmed to be related to the router, please send us the whole system log on the router (Advanced > System Tool > System Log), including the log before and after the disconnect, but DON'T reboot the router as it will clear the useful log.

Options
2021-08-27 13:47:56

Thanks for the ideas, I will try troubleshooting.    My ISP is Xfinity.   The modem is a surfboard sb6183

Sam

Options
2021-08-28 05:15:06

@TucanAz Same here. Mine started up this week disconnecting from my phone. Yesterday I realized how much an issue it was while on my desktop. I changed the settings to comply with the weak security message Apple listed and nothing has changed. 

Options
2021-08-28 05:27:57
Hi Kevin_Z I was trying to troubleshoot this issue today as well and I changed the settings to comply with a more secure connection as per the Apple suggestions. After doing so and trying to log back into tp-link.net it gives me a message Trying to configure the Router- It looks like you aren't connected to your TP-Link network. And after cleaning the cache history I was able to get back in, but after 15 mins the TP device continued to drop and reconnect so I reset it and it cleared out my router names and now cannot reconnect. Based on your suggestion here re: sending the whole log, will I have to get back up and running again and let it do it's thing for a couple of days for it to generate a new log to submit to TP?
Options
2021-09-01 03:52:41

@PurelyV 

Yes, if the disconnects happen when the internet LED on the Archer C9 changes to orange/red, please check and ensure you have a stable connection by connecting a computer to your modem to monitor first. Follow this thread to troubleshoot:

[Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet

However, if it is a wireless connectivity issue, you are suggested to modify the wireless basic settings on the router, then confirm. Visit here to review the wireless parameters that may affect the connectivity.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 850

Replies: 6