Wifi router is stuck at obtaining io

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-18 19:18:23
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am using c50 router a wifi extender of another c50 ,but it keeps on showing obtaining ip on extender wifi ,i reset the router several times and tried different devices too still same problem , anyone got any idea?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi router is stuck at obtaining io
2021-09-22 08:00:45

@Okkk 

Does it mean there are 2 X Archer C50s, one is working as the main router, and the other is extending the wireless network of the main one? If that is the case, please first check and ensure you have a stable wireless connection on the main Archer C50, you can test it by connecting a laptop or phone to the wireless network of the main C50, and monitor for some time.

If the wireless connection of the main C50 is pretty stable, and other laptops or phones can connect to it and obtain IP address properly, but only the 2nd C50 loses the connection, try to move it closer to the main.

If the issue persists, try to fix the wireless channel on the main to a specific one, you can run a Wi-Fi analyzer to review the wireless channels around your network, choose one with less interference, then reboot both the main and the extender to monitor the connectivity.

Options
2021-09-23 06:40:06

@Kevin_Z  i tried the resetting both routers it worked for whole day then again stop and stuck at obtaining ip ,it is possible that something is done from by ISP?

Or any other solution? Thanks in advance.

Options
2021-09-23 15:15:29

@Okkk 

Something I would try is to use address reservation on the main router for the extender router so it always uses a specific IP address. Be use to power cycle the routers after the setup and ensure the extender is on the correct IP address.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 3