How to block specific URL for a specific Device?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-06 06:39:45
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20210519 rel.50598(4555)

I tried Parental Control but it just either block or allow all sites even if I add a certain URL to block! and it forces me to use a time limit otherwise no internet for the specific device!

I also tried Access Control but it just block internet for the device using it's MAC address and it's not giving me an option to add a URL.

Please help...

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to block specific URL for a specific Device?
2021-10-06 12:45:06

@serppower 

I guess you could setup a Custom DNS for that specific device that has that website blocked. You setup a custom DNS with one of the DNS providers and then change the DNS settings on the device if it has that option.

If the device does not have that option or the user of the device changes the DNS setting, what may work is to get an extender with DNS settings so you can put them on the extender and not the main router.

Options
2021-10-06 18:50:57

@ArcherC8 So the feature to block URL is not supported in the C7? I am only able to do it via DNS is there any other way without accessing the device it self?

Options
2021-10-06 19:48:48

@serppower 

I do not know of a way to block a specific user from a specific site with that router. There may be routers that have that functionally.

The only ways I can think of doing that without changes to the device is to:

• Get an extender that can set up a DNS and use a custom DNS blocking the web site.
  • Get an extender that has parental controls (If there is one).
  • Use another router set up in AP mode that allows parental controls in AP mode (if there is one as I have never used AP mode but I know controls are limited in AP mode)

Options
2021-10-08 11:50:19

@serppower 

Have you checked this guide (Example 1) to add the specific URL to the blacklist? Adding a specific URL should be allowed, please confirm. 

Regarding the internet access time, you can see the explanation below:

Internet Access Time: Does not mean that you can access internet at that time, instead, it displays the restriction access time period; in other word, the filter rules setup on the parental control page will take effect during the selected time period.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 947

Replies: 4

Related Articles