Owner of 2 different M4 systems (separate premises), Deco app only allows full management of one

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Owner of 2 different M4 systems (separate premises), Deco app only allows full management of one

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-10 15:03:18 - last edited 2021-10-13 00:46:52
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 74289

I bought a 3-pack M4 AC1200 system for my house. Worked fine and I could set it up and manage it through the Deco app with full functionality. I appear as the Owner. Very happy with the performance and it has been very stable. That is Network A.

Bought another 3-pack for my in-laws bungalow. Set that up with 2 units and can still manage it fine. I appear as the Owner on that one as well. That is Network B. The third unit in the box is now attached to my network to make a 4-unit system.

Using the Deco app (v 2.9.44) under 'Select a Network' I have two choices of networks, A and B. I choose my Network A. If I now select 'More' to manage the router settings I only get Advanced. I no longer have the options Wi-FI, Blacklist, Update Deco or WPS. Under More Settings I can only see Managers and no longer see Parental Controls, QoS, Monthly Report.

If I 'Select a Network' to Network B instead, I have full router management options.

Switching back and forth between the networks is completely consistent: I only get full router management for Network B.

Do I now have to stop being an Owner of the in-laws system in order to be able to manage my own? Is there even a way to do that for my system? I have checked  the Owner change support article 2957 but do not see the Change Network Owner option in my app for Network B. The only options are Delete and Reboot All.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Owner of 2 different M4 systems (separate premises), Deco app only allows full management of one-Solution
2021-10-11 06:25:36 - last edited 2021-10-13 00:46:52

@jemahool 

Hi, Thank you for the update.

Please refer to this link to reboot the Deco A system:

[Solution] Only the Advanced and Manager features show up on the Deco app

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Owner of 2 different M4 systems (separate premises), Deco app only allows full management of one-Solution
2021-10-11 06:25:36 - last edited 2021-10-13 00:46:52

@jemahool 

Hi, Thank you for the update.

Please refer to this link to reboot the Deco A system:

[Solution] Only the Advanced and Manager features show up on the Deco app

Recommended Solution
Options
Fixed! Re:Owner of 2 different M4 systems (separate premises), Deco app only allows full management of one
2021-10-12 20:47:21

@TP-Link 

Many thanks, a reboot worked. All that's left to do now is have a way to Change Network Owner.

Kind regards,

Jeremy

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 618

Replies: 2