Computer can't connect to OneMesh extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 16:31:08
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I set up an extender in a OneMesh network with my existing router. Those are the only two networking devices. However, my laptop refuses to connect to the extender's part of the network. I have it set to smart connect so that all the networks and bars have the same name/settings, but I also tried renaming the 2.4G band in case the router's 2.4 network was stronger than the extender's 5G. But still no luck. My laptop has a Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1659s wifi adapter if that matters.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Computer can't connect to OneMesh extender
2021-10-22 07:00:54 - last edited 2021-10-22 07:02:08

Hello@thisJUSTin816 

Thank you for your feedback, may I know could other devices such as your phones connect to WiFi of the range extender? 

Please try to remove the old Wi-Fi profiles on your computer, and reconnect to range extender WiFi , then it should ask for the wifi password, what is the Error message if it fails to connect? How to connect to wireless networks and remove its profile on windows 10?

Can you let me the know the model of Router, and the firmware & hardware version of both router and extender? Confirm your firmware are up to date as well.

Options
2021-10-22 16:19:37

@Solla-topee I have both an iPhone XS and a OnePlus 9 and both of them switch between the router and extender fine. There are no errors when I connect, it just only connects to the router. So if i'm further away, instead of connecting to the extender, it connects to the 2.4GHz band of the router instead. Even if I explicitly tell it to connect to the extender in Killer Control Center, it disconnects for a second and reconnects to the router.

I've tried completely uninstalling the Killer Suite and driver, restarting, clearing temp files, restarting and reinstalling. I've tried connecting with windows before Killer Control Center is installed, but it still refused to connect to the extender's network.

Router: Archer AX21, 1.3.1 Build 20210521 rel.72254

Extender: RE605X, 1.0.4 Build 20210507 Rel. 151958

I've been constantly checking for updates since I got the extender so they should both be up to date.

Options
2021-10-27 01:49:52 - last edited 2021-10-27 01:51:57

@thisJUSTin816  Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed information,you could try to set Roaming Aggressiveness or change Roaming sensitivity to High for the Wi-Fi adapter, I found a guide online: 

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/wifi-roaming-sensitivity-aggressiveness

In the photo, the 5Ghz Mac with 8b-8b in the end, is it RE605X? 

Options
2021-10-27 02:09:56

Solla-topee wrote

@thisJUSTin816  Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed information,you could try to set Roaming Aggressiveness or change Roaming sensitivity to High for the Wi-Fi adapter, I found a guide online: 

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/wifi-roaming-sensitivity-aggressiveness

In the photo, the 5Ghz Mac with 8b-8b in the end, is it RE605X? 

@Solla-topee I've tried adjusting the roaming aggressiveness to both medium-high and high with the same result.

Yes, that Mac is the Re605x.

Options
2021-10-27 07:20:11 - last edited 2021-10-27 09:44:26

Hello, @thisJUSTin816  

Got you.Did you to turn off 'Smart Connect', with oneMesh enabled,  set different SSIDs for router 2.4Ghz /5Ghz. Later forget 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi profile on laptop, so computer will connect to 5Ghz Wi-Fi.  Will computer connect to 5Ghz of range extender with stronger signal strength? 

Actually whether roaming to a stronger Wi-Fi signal mainly depends on the Wi-Fi client itself.  For your laptop with Killer adapter, it is possible the signal  is not  'weak enough' or does not meet its threshold of Roaming, so it  sticks to router's Wi-Fi.  You may contact Killer support and see if they have further suggestions?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 684

Replies: 5