Deco S4 Speed Randomly slows down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-30 03:57:05
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210607 Rel. 56436

Hey there so recently sometimes my speeds will drop from normal 200mbs+ but sometimes it randomly drops to 100mbs, usually I reboot the decos, and it goes back to normal. But today for some reason when I rebooted it today to fix it, the speed still stayed the same any answers on that one?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco S4 Speed Randomly slows down
2021-12-01 06:09:34

@Xijinping 

Hi, thank you very much for getting back to me.

I see there are 3 Deco S4 under your TP-Link ID and did all of them have the unstable speed issue, or just one unit?

Have you ever checked whether both Ethernet and wireless speed all dropped below 100m/s?

If possible, please install the firmware on this link which optimized the CPU performance of S4:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/509214

thank you and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-12-01 19:02:39

@TP-Link I do not need help after a few more reboots it is back to normal I just wish I do not have to reboot every so often though

Options
2021-12-03 06:28:12

@Xijinping 

Thank you very much for getting back to me.

It is planned to add a reboot schedule for Deco on 1.6.x.

Maybe you could wait for a while for the new feature.

Or some users shared their experience about setting up a reboot schedule via smart plugs, which is also a good idea.

It is on the Black Friday sales recently, and maybe you are interested in getting one of the smart plugs to have a try.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 273

Replies: 3