Smart Plug won't connect after new wifi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-16 02:09:00 - last edited 2021-12-16 06:00:26

Kasa Smart Plug Classic (model: hd34bx)

I just bought a new TP-Link (AX3000 - Archer AX50) WiFI router and now I can't get my plug to connect to the app.  I have 3 plugs.  2 of them are Smart Plug Minis and one is a Smart Plug Classic.  After I updated my Alexa to the new network, the Minis worked fine.  I didn't have to touch them and I still have full access to them in the app and through Alexa.  The Classic, however, will not sync. I've unplugged it, reset (hold power for 5 secs) and factory reset (hold power for 10 secs) and none of that worked.  I also tried plugging in the old WiFi router that it used to be connected to and that didn't help either. 

When I plug it in, it flashes blue continually.  If I hold the power button for 5 secs, it starts flashing red then blue and I can see a new wifi network called "Amazon ConfigureMe" pop up.  I try to sync through the app while I'm connected to my 2.4G network, but I it keeps failing.  I can connect directly to "Amazon ConfigureMe", but that doesn't help;  I get the same failure.

I should mention I tried changing the security between WPA2-PSK AES and TKIP and that didn't help.  I also tried on my guest network and that didn't help. I also tried turning on my broadband modem's 2.4G WiFi and that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Plug won't connect after new wifi router
2021-12-16 05:59:36 - last edited 2021-12-16 06:11:39

Hello@amamar 

On Tp-Link router, try turn off ' Smart Connect' (or 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are combined) and set different SSIDs for 2.4G/5Ghz and try to connect plug to 2.Ghz Wi-Fi again.

Then turn 'smart connect 'back on. As you have Amazon smart plug, I suggest contacting Amazon support to get more professional suggestions with the plug troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!

Options
2021-12-16 06:26:16

@Solla-topee 

Thank you. I appreciate the response, although it didn't help.  Having Smart Connect on or off doesn't matter.  The plug won't sync.

I will contact Amazon, too, although I'm not sure if it's considered an Amazon plug or a Kasa plug.  When I bought it, it was branded as Kasa and I had to sync through the Kasa app before I could set it up for Alexa.  Even though it said it was Kasa, the actual plug has "Amazon" written across the top, so who knows.

Mark

Options
2021-12-17 03:53:40 - last edited 2021-12-17 03:54:10

Hello @amamar 

Thank you . The 'model: hd34bx' is an Amazon Plug. 

Kasa plug model starts with HSXX, KPXX. Can you double check the plug model which you got trouble with. 

Or you may share the device appearance and box and I will double confirm . 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1861

Replies: 3

Related Articles