Change the Name of the Device?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-22 23:59:53
Model: TL-WA1201  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

When configuring the Access Point - it became apparent that you cannot change the name of the device - so it shows up on a scan as TL-WA1201 - 

I manually went thru every page of the configuration (not that much) and did not find any place to change from the default name.

What I did find in the community was a thread that implied that this was from the DHCP - in my case the DHCP functionality is turned off.

I don't like advertising the hardware that is on my network - I am sure you would agree.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Change the Name of the Device?
2021-12-30 14:31:42 - last edited 2021-12-30 14:31:56

Hello @entro 

Thank you for your feedback. As far as I know the name tag could not be modified somewhere in the AP, this is the same for router or AP products. 

Some router allows changing the name on its device list, it does not really change the name tag, but only the names showing on router. 

Options
Re:Change the Name of the Device?
2021-12-30 17:25:13
What would happen if there are two of these devices on the same network - would a name issue occur? Every router / AP I have used allows you to name the device - say AP3 or AP41 if you have a naming convention. This device has a unchangeable name of TL-WA1201.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1028

Replies: 2

Related Articles