Scheduled Reboot Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Scheduled Reboot Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Scheduled Reboot Deco M5
Scheduled Reboot Deco M5
2021-12-30 14:51:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 Build 20210818

I have and extended Deco M5 Mesh consisting of five M5 nodes and one M3W node. My configuration:

Arris Broadband DSL Modem → Main Deco M5 node → TPLink 24 port Switch, all on the basement level

One satellite M5 nodes use a physical Ethernet back-haul → TPLink 5port switch → M3W Node

One satellite M5 node uses a TPLink AV600 PowerLine Ethernet back-haul

Two satellite M5 nodes use a Wi-Fi back-haul.

I configured the scheduled reboot on the Deco system. Are all attached satellite nodes rebooted or is the reboot only performed on the Main Deco node? It seems that is the case.

In the Deco App, I have noticed that when selecting one specific satellite node, the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the App allow for a Reboot. When executing that reboot is only that specific satellite node rebooted? It seems that is the case.

I have set a daily reboot at 3AM and have noticed that later in day, when my device(LG V60 ThinQ Android) is connected to a specific satellite node, the throughput is measured at under 25Mbps. If I force a reboot of that specific satellite node, and after reboot verify that my device is again listed as a client on that specific satellite node, and retest my throughput, I find that the throughput is now well over 300Mbps instead of <25Mbps. This applies to both Ethernet back-haul connected and Wi-Fi back-haul connected satellite nodes.

It appears that the scheduled reboot is only rebooting the Main node and is subsequently affecting the data throughput connectivity to all the satellite nodes after the reboot.  The only way I can resolve this is to either manually reboot each satellite node daily or cancel the scheduled reboot.

What is happening here? Is the automated reboot defective? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Scheduled Reboot Deco M5
2021-12-31 01:18:03

@DAServices 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

I noticed that you have updated on the other post that “The system stabilized after a few reboots. The behavior is gone”, So Did you mean the issue here is no long existed?

And the reboot schedule did take effect on all the Deco units in the Mesh network.

Thank you again.

Options
Re:Scheduled Reboot Deco M5
2021-12-31 14:54:48

@TP-Link 

No the most recent post is a current issue concerning the scheduled reboot and possible behavior as it affects downstream satellite nodes.

The reply was going back to the original "flashing" issue. That self resolved it's self after a fer physical reboots..  

Options