AX1500 drops WiFi every 30-40 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-08 19:02:09
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20210513vRel. 79808

I set up and used the AX1500 router with Century Link DSL for 6 months without a problem. I have not changed, added or updated anything. On 01/06/2022 the WiFi wasn't working and the 4th light from left was orange. Pressing reset button didn't work, but powering off the unit and WiFi came back on. Since then, roughly every 30-40 minutes the WiFi goes off. I have to power off the router or can reboot it with the Tether app. I have been working on a laptop with ethernet connected and haven't had any issues, when the WiFi on the router went off. Centurylink reports no issues with internet service. Firmware on router is up to date. Any ideas? Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX1500 drops WiFi every 30-40 minutes
2022-01-10 08:00:25

@krhankins 

Can you confirm which LED light goes off when the internet is not available? As we can confirm, the fourth LED from left to right (starts from the PWR LED) should be the Internet one, if it is amber, that means the router gets disconnected from the modem or internet, in other words, there is no internet at all on the router, so the laptop should not be able to get the internet when it is connected to the router with LAN cable.

Can you confirm again what is the WAN connection type on the AX1500, and was there still a WAN IP address when the internet light is amber? Who is your ISP? Please go through the troubleshooting suggestions to locate the issue and get back with the necessary information for follow-up.

Options