Factory reset, need password, AV1300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-08 21:00:16 - last edited 2022-01-14 10:58:37
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an AV1300 pair of powerline extenders that I used in my previous house, and now after 6 months in a box I am setting them up in the new house. I can't find the instructions, so I've downloaded them: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/tl-wpa8631p-kit/

I have plugged them in, they have connected to each other (the little house icon lights up) but when I connect to the wifi, there is no internet.

I am trying to load up the config page (through either the management utility, or 192.168.0.254) but I don't know the password. I have done a factory reset and tried "admin" but that is not correct. Note that it is not asking for a user and password, like all the instructions seem to imply it should, but just a password.

Any idea how I get these to work or reset?

I did the factory reset through the Windows application, as there is no "Reset" button as the instructions seem to imply there should be.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Factory reset, need password, AV1300-Solution
2022-01-11 06:01:05 - last edited 2022-01-14 10:58:37

Hello @PhilHibbs 

After factory reset, it will ask you to create a login password when user first time access the page

1.  Try to factory reset again using tpPLC Utility 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1612/  

2. Reset Wireless powerline unit: 
Press and hold the Reset button (or use a pin to press reset hole) until all LEDs turn off and start on again.  

3. Connect to Wifi of powerline unit using the default 8 digits wifi password on the label , and try to login web page 

May I know how many AV1300 wifi extender do you have in total, if still failed to login, can I have a photo of the login page, thank you.   

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Factory reset, need password, AV1300-Solution
2022-01-11 06:01:05 - last edited 2022-01-14 10:58:37

Hello @PhilHibbs 

After factory reset, it will ask you to create a login password when user first time access the page

1.  Try to factory reset again using tpPLC Utility 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1612/  

2. Reset Wireless powerline unit: 
Press and hold the Reset button (or use a pin to press reset hole) until all LEDs turn off and start on again.  

3. Connect to Wifi of powerline unit using the default 8 digits wifi password on the label , and try to login web page 

May I know how many AV1300 wifi extender do you have in total, if still failed to login, can I have a photo of the login page, thank you.   

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Factory reset, need password, AV1300
2022-01-14 10:58:04
Thank you, the pin hole reset did the trick! It prompted me for a new password and started working straight away.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1936

Replies: 2

Related Articles