Unable to connect to extended network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-09 19:55:41
Model: RE603X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210508 Rel. 161537

I have a RE603X that is connected to my network and to the internet. I can connect to the 2.4G and 5G extended networks with a Dell XPS laptop running Windows 10 but not with an iPhone 12 Pro or a most recent model iPad Air. Both Apple devices are updated to the latest OS and both can see the extended networks but they never connect. I just get the "spinning wheel" with every attempt.

Both Apple devices are supposed to support WiFi 6. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to extended network
2022-01-10 06:16:58 - last edited 2022-01-10 10:30:40

Hello @Chip_Oidos 

Thank you for your feedback 

May I know the model of router, the firmware version of router, and can I have a photo of the Wi-Fi settings on the main router? 

• Remove the router Wi-Fi profile on iPhone and reconnect to Router WiFi, could iPhone connect to Router SSID ?

How to remove existing wireless network profile on Android&iPhone

Then connect to Extender's Wi-Fi using the same router Wi-Fi password (RE uses the same wifi password as main router after being setup successfully)

• To isolate the issue, use an SSID for RE which is different from router's SSID

How to change wireless settings of TP-Link range extender on Tether APP

• If router uses WPA2/WPA3 mixed, try to change to WPA2-PSK AES and see if that helps
  • Try to reset iPhone network settings with Apple support 

If still the same, may I know IOS version of your iphone12 Pro? iPhone failed connect to 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz band of extended wifi? Could iPhone connect to the main router's SSID when you manually put in the WiFi password? Thank you 

Options
2022-01-10 16:31:27

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for these suggestions. I will give them a try. 
Thanks for your help. 
Chip

Options
2022-01-13 05:37:31

Hello @Chip_Oidos 

May I know could IOS devices get internet from range extender now. 

If not, you could try to turn on the DHCP server on range extender, and set a smaller IP range on Range extender and see if that helps. 

What's the solution if my TP-Link range extender can't connect to my router properly?

To assist, better, I would also  create a support email to you, please check your inbox later. 

Options
2022-01-19 07:53:35

Hello @Chip_Oidos 

It seems that you got things work according to the support email, may I know how did you resolve it? Much appreciated if you could share detailed steps here, thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 833

Replies: 4

Related Articles