how can I connect my RE600x extender to my Deco router AX5700 to

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-24 03:46:12
Model: Deco X5700  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How can I use my extender to connect to my onemesh network, instead of creating a new name for the extended network?

i tried to set up my wifi extender RE600X  to my onemesh netwrok of my deco x5700 but the wifi extender creates a new network name instead of using the main one from the x5700. I also get a message that the main router (x5700) does not support onemesh, although the two deco x5700 are using the onemesh.

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:how can I connect my RE600x extender to my Deco router AX5700 to
2022-01-24 07:02:55 - last edited 2022-01-24 07:20:59

Hello @YJF

1. If you need an extender to build a Mesh network with an existing Deco system, please consider more Deco units as extenders, as Decos could build an integrated Mesh system: 

Here are some related FAQs that may help:
How many Deco units can I add to my Deco mesh network?
What are the differences between different models of Deco?

2.  OneMesh Powerline device / Range extender belong to TP-Link OneMesh  ,which uses a different Mesh technology from Deco Mesh

When OneMesh Powerline device / Range extender work with Deco unit, it could work only as a common extender, but not build a mesh network with Deco. Please refer to Q1 for details: 
Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/product-list/

May I know is this is new extender, if want to use RE600X as common extender,  RE could use the same SSID and password as Deco (but not a mesh network) . Most nowadays  devices with roaming feature could still roam between AP's , but not a seamless roam when switch from Deco Wi-Fi to Range extender Wi-Fi. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 479

Replies: 1