Ax50 slow speed connected to virgin modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-16 18:52:11
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel.54485

Hello all,

I have purchased above and connected to Virgin modem which is now in modem mode. I have wireless connectivity, but the speed is a lot slower (97mb) than what I should be getting (209mb).

I am currently connected to 2.4ghz. No other devices are connected to router except for phone. I have noticed the wifi symbol on phone has a 6 next to it. For information, I do not have WiFi 6 devices. I just want to improve strength of signal in house with router. Do you I need to disable WiFi 6? If so how.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

👍

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ax50 slow speed connected to virgin modem
2022-02-17 02:16:26

DavidLpl wrote

Hello all,

I have purchased above and connected to Virgin modem which is now in modem mode. I have wireless connectivity, but the speed is a lot slower (97mb) than what I should be getting (209mb).

I am currently connected to 2.4ghz. No other devices are connected to router except for phone. I have noticed the wifi symbol on phone has a 6 next to it. For information, I do not have WiFi 6 devices. I just want to improve strength of signal in house with router. Do you I need to disable WiFi 6? If so how.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

👍

Hello @DavidLpl, it seems you are opening another thread in the global community, we would suggest you keep on one thread which will allow us to focus on the issue you are reporting. We can either discuss it here or in the other thread below:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/533808?replyId=1048794

Options
Re:Ax50 slow speed connected to virgin modem
2022-02-18 04:48:49

@DavidLpl having the same issue . 

Did you recently update to the newer firmware ? thats what i did , and i dropped from 300mbps to 98mbps . 

which is strange considering everyone having this problem is in the same download range of 98mbps . gotta be a software bug .

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 2