Block a domain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Block a domain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Block a domain
Block a domain
2022-03-09 16:38:46
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163(5553)

I am trying to block a domain that I have noticed has been trying to hack through my system. It comes from some Russian Federation site 62.233.50.77 but my router is not stopping them and they are inside trying to get into my NAS devices. We need more control in the firmware than what is there. This is a power router and needs to have more control in the firmware.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Block a domain
2022-03-09 20:07:27

@Crossbow 

Do you have the HomeCare antivirus features enable?  If so what is the history log showing?  Is your NAS local only or do you have it listed in the DMZ of the router?  If its in the DMZ that effectively opens all ports so you should remove that and just open the ports you need to access it.   

Options
2022-04-05 14:12:12

@Crossbow I responded several times through email but apparently that does not go through to you guys. I am still interested in a way to block domains using ACL's etc in the firewall. There is not enough control over who is able to get through my router. If you guys are not going to implement something like that on the router I will need to replace it with one that can. I love the router and the range it provides so I really am hoping not to have to do that. 

1cc38fc5c2a54c73bfcf022884bd37abdeb37bad2fbe48efbc1290f47fee0546

Options
2022-04-08 11:05:02

@Crossbow 

Hope I'm not responding too late. I just find the thread. 

According to the Alert History posted, the router has already blocked the external attacks, and it seems the external visiting is from different IPs, so I agree with Carl that you should check and review the DMZ or Port Forwarding settings on the router, it's suggested to disable the DMZ and delete any open ports if it's not required.

Options
2022-04-08 16:37:14

@Kevin_Z Yeah I agree that it has blocked that IP for that exploit but that is not enough. I want punative measures that if a domain continues to try or tries a way that the virus software doesn't identify I can block their IP address or even to their entire domain. There is just not enough information or control in using that Virus embedded firewall for a power user. I have purchased a seperate hardware firewall since this router can't do it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 399

Replies: 4

Related Articles