Archer AX11000 v1 and Time Machine Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-11 08:26:24
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210719 rel.14861(5553)

I've been using the AX11000 router for a couple of weeks now and I have been very happy with the reach and speeds in my house. One thing that really has me perplexed is that I can't seem to get Time Machine to work. I have followed the instructions provided in the documentation, but it doesn't work as planned. I keep getting an error message that says, "You do not have the necessary read, write, and append privileges on the selected network backup disk."

I have searched the forums and seen folks post about similar issues. All have said they found workarounds, but never post what those workarounds are. I was hopeful when one post said that a trouble ticket was sent to network engineers, and the engineers sent over a custom firmware update. The OP said they never used the firmware update. 

Someone please help! I'm at my wits end and ready to take this router back.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 v1 and Time Machine Setup
2022-03-14 09:07:52

Hello @Toropop, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Can I confirm what's the macOS version, and what is the format and capacity of the HDD that attached to the router? As discussed in this thread, some of the users get their issues resolved by reformatting the HDD, some solve it by enabling encrypted backups in the Mac's Time Machine options, please check if any helps:

Time Machine couldn't back up to "ArcherA20.local"

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 1