Deco M5 & Frontier Fiber

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 & Frontier Fiber

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 & Frontier Fiber
Deco M5 & Frontier Fiber
2022-03-13 15:01:28 - last edited 2022-03-13 15:13:26
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Was trying to replace my TP-Link Archer AX 10 with the Deco M5 mesh system.

I connected the Deco at my work network and internet to do the initial setup, incl. firmware update and connecting all units.

All was fine, just needed to place it at my house and reconnect devices (so I thought).

Current 1GB fiber from Frontier working great with the AX10, just needed better coverage across the property.

So the main Deco hardwired from Frontier modem, sees the modem and knows it's Dynamic IP, but that's it - no internet.

Thought maybe pre-configuring on another network was not such a smart idea, reset the Deco, went through setup on app, created

new Network name and PW, but results were the same.

In conclusion - the Deco works fine on my work internet (Suddenlink cable), Frontier is fine in my home using AC10, but together I can't get internet to work.

Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

P.S. I tried it with Frontier modem powered off, on and powercycled it after  connecting the Deco.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 & Frontier Fiber
2022-03-14 05:21:20

@The_Dude2000 

hi, i believe Frontier service might need MAC authentication for the internet service, such as the following user.

My ISP needs MAC address authentication to get internet service

Options
Re:Deco M5 & Frontier Fiber
2022-03-14 14:03:11

@David-TP thanks, I will try that later today, appreciate your help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1276

Replies: 2

Related Articles