Set up Configure new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-01 15:12:18 - last edited 2022-04-01 15:15:06
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey all,

I succeeded in connecting my laptop with router and get WIFI at home, however, I could not configure reuter, namely set up my own password.

I went to r http://tplinkwifi.net or http://192.168.0.1

the popup window did not have username box, only password box, 

unlike many userguide suggested.

(I use chrome browser)

2. In password box, I entered the password from the sticker on my reuter, and it was not accepted.

what do I do ? 

Thanks,

Josh

Options
6 Reply
Re:Set up Configure new router
2022-04-01 16:24:00

@Josh_Z 

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are looking at when you hit the router's log in screen?

Options
2022-04-01 16:50:26

@Carl  Thank you. I will do that when I get home tonight.

Options
2022-04-01 20:23:51

@Josh_Z Hi again, I took screenshot of the log in failure, you can see that it did not ask for username , the artiles I read said, we enter admin for username and password, I tried admin, it did not work. I tried my router password (on the sticker), not work. Anyone else had a si mlar issue? Thanks a lot !

File:
Router-configure-failed.docxDownload
Options
2022-04-01 20:29:06

@Josh_Z I could not paste the screenshot, that is why I attched it as WORD. 

Options
2022-04-02 07:04:10

Hi @Josh_Z, sorry to jump in. I guess yours belong to Type 1 in the FAQ. You only need a password to login, which is created when you set up the router, it may not be admin anymore. If you don't remember it, the only way will be to reset the router to its factory defaults and reconfigure it to create a new one.

Options
2022-04-02 17:38:09

@Kevin_Z  Thank you for your help !  A quick question: I got the router second hand, so do not know the original status(e.g. password). -  right now I can use the router in the house, but not yet setup username password. the password is the sticker on the router. - would you say, I must do a reset to factory setting in order to Configure new  router. Anyone else welcome to jump in.

Kevin_Z wrote

Hi @Josh_Z, sorry to jump in. I guess yours belong to Type 1 in the FAQ. You only need a password to login, which is created when you set up the router, it may not be admin anymore. If you don't remember it, the only way will be to reset the router to its factory defaults and reconfigure it to create a new one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 6

Related Articles