Connectivity drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connectivity drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connectivity drops
Connectivity drops
2022-04-04 18:25:35
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20211222 rel74632

I just upgraded from a 2019 d-link dual band to this wifi 6 router and I've been having connectivity issues since. I'm using it with a net gear gigabit cable modem and xfinity 1 gigabit service. I even added a tp-link ac750 wifi extender (RE230) hoping it might help, even though I have a very small (1300 sq ft) house. But my wireless connections and smart devices keep losing connectivity, my video calls are freezing, and I haven't even tried to see what the smart tv is going to do. It's actually worse than it was with the old router. Now I'm wondering if I should try a power line Ethernet adapter to see if that helps since the only thing staying connected is the desktop computer that's directly connected. What else should I try?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connectivity drops
2022-04-07 03:29:26

Hello @Mazzoladm, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Is the network stable if you connect a PC to the AX73 with an Ethernet cable? How about the LED on the AX73, will it change to orange/red when the drops? If the internet LED changes to orange/red when the issue happens, I would suggest going through these troubleshooting suggestions to check if any helps.

If the Ethernet connection from the AX73 is stable and the internet is always green, but only the wireless is not stable, please remove the RE230 first to determine if the issue comes from the AX73 or RE230. You can try to modify the wireless settings on the AX73, such as wireless channel, and channel width as described here, then confirm if the connection is stable.

If the AX73 wireless connection is stable, then try reconfiguring the RE230, and be sure it is located in a proper location to receive and send a good signal. You may check here to get some clues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 1

Related Articles