Assign signal source for a satellite deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-18 22:22:59 - last edited 2022-04-18 22:36:45
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I have many deco S4 units, with some locations really needing a satellite -> satellite -> main node topology over wireless, but these satellites seem to strongly prefer the main node's signal, however far away and faint.

Can we get a firmware that lets us control which signal source a satellite should use?

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Assign signal source for a satellite deco
2022-04-20 03:14:43

@James912 welcome to the community.

This feature has been accepted and is planned to be added to the later firmware.

Currently, would it be possible for you to have a look at this link first and send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the required information in the recommended solution?

So later we could invite the engineers to check for us whether it is necessary to re-select the signal source.

Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco

Thank you.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Assign signal source for a satellite deco
2022-09-29 14:53:57

Hi  @David-TP ,

Can you please advise if this software feature has a release date yet as I am having exactly the same issue with my Deco M9 plus's. 
Thank you

Regards

Derek

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 388

Replies: 2

Related Articles