Just installed new TP router and now can no longer manage existing TP access point with tp-link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Just installed new TP router and now can no longer manage existing TP access point with tp-link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-02 13:27:01 - last edited 2022-05-24 06:23:19
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

A few months ago I installed a TL-WR841N as an access point for a room that gets poor reception from the wireless router. I just replaced that router - an old Airport - with an AX-3000. That works fine. But now when I go to TP Link it defaults to managing the new router, and I'm unable to manage the access point. While I don't have an urgent need to do that now, it would be great to know how if and when I need to. Any advice welcome!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Just installed new TP router and now can no longer manage existing TP access point with tp-link -Solution
2022-05-24 06:23:10 - last edited 2022-05-24 06:23:19

Hello @rxb 

Are you managing the two devices in the local network or remotely? If you are managing them in the local network, please check and ensure they are not using the same IP address for the management, you may change the IP of the WR841N to 192.168.0.2 if the IP of the AX3000 is 192.168.0.1.

You can refer to the story below to check which case yours belong to, then check the solutions accordingly:

How to Login to Web Interface of TP-Link Router in Access Point Mode

If you are managing them from a remote network, you can check this story instead:

Remotely accessing the secondary router in a double NAT topology

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Just installed new TP router and now can no longer manage existing TP access point with tp-link -Solution
2022-05-24 06:23:10 - last edited 2022-05-24 06:23:19

Hello @rxb 

Are you managing the two devices in the local network or remotely? If you are managing them in the local network, please check and ensure they are not using the same IP address for the management, you may change the IP of the WR841N to 192.168.0.2 if the IP of the AX3000 is 192.168.0.1.

You can refer to the story below to check which case yours belong to, then check the solutions accordingly:

How to Login to Web Interface of TP-Link Router in Access Point Mode

If you are managing them from a remote network, you can check this story instead:

Remotely accessing the secondary router in a double NAT topology

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 1