One way audio with Cell Phone calls on TP Link M9 Wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-16 21:34:50
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel 35617

When I make phone calls from my cellphone that is connected to my mesh network Wi-Fi, calls connect, but I cannot hear any remote audio.  The people I call (or who call me) can hear me.  I have searched around the community for suggestions (port forwarding, ALG, and firmware upgrades come up) but there doesn't seem to be a difinitive resolution to this issue.  I love everything about the new mesh network except the inability to make phone calls while connected to the mesh network.  Calls work just fine when connected to Verizon router based Wi-Fi.

Details about my setup: M9 is connected to my Verizon quantum gateway router, which is WAN ethernet connected to the ONT.  300Mbps service.

Options
1 Reply
Re:One way audio with Cell Phone calls on TP Link M9 Wifi
2022-06-17 07:11:33

@linderdm 

Hi, Do you use Wi-Fi calling on your cellphone?

Have you tried to switch Deco into the access point to see whether it made any difference?--It is under Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation mode.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options