Can't install, no WiFi network name

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 23:26:13
Tags: #Installation
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: No idea, not listed

Installation instructions are circular references. Website told me to install Tether app. Tether tells me to connect to the device's WiFi. I'm already connected to my home WiFi router. There is no other connection option in the WiFi list that relates to the TP-Link. When I click the “Can't connect?” link it takes me to “Chat,” but there is no person to chat with, just bot instructions that take me back to step one. If there is no WiFi network for TP-link in the list, is the device defective?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't install, no WiFi network name
2022-07-01 06:04:43 - last edited 2022-07-01 06:07:08

Hello  @Mbbeaudet 

Sometimes if you have pressed the WPS button to set up the range extender, RE will copy the SSID from main router  and looks like range extender Wi-Fi SSID disappears. 

If the Wi-Fi LEDs/ Signal leds are OFF and Range Extender default Wi-Fi SSID does not show up and   try to factory reset the RE first. 

• RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button (pinhole) until all the LEDs flash once.

Double check on a different Wireless Network device like phone or laptop and see if there is any Tp-Link range extender XXX or Extender XX Wi-Fi SSIDs? 

You could get more details about how to reset and configure the range extender to the guide here:  

TP-Link Range Extender Setup (Range Extender Mode)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 1

Tags

Installation