Switched to Starlink

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switched to Starlink

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Switched to Starlink
Switched to Starlink
2022-06-22 03:43:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210126 Rel. 62679

I'm switching to Starlink.  I have an existing Deco Mesh network with 9 Deco M9 routers.  (It's a large property with 4 buildings)  It's working fine and I'd like to continue using it.  How would I go about configuring the network?  Does everything need a factory reset?   Can I use the Starlink router in my system? 

I'm semi computer literate, but routers/IP/AP etc leave me in the dust.  And unfortunately, there isn't much help available in my small town. Thanks for any help...!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Switched to Starlink
2022-06-23 02:55:41 - last edited 2022-07-29 00:54:19

@DRSudz HI, there is no need to reset the whole Mesh system.

I see in the Starlink network kit, they also provide their routers. 

In this way, you just need to directly connect the main M9 plus via Ethernet cable to the Starlink router. Then the main Deco will automatically get internet from Starlink.

At this moment, Deco M9 Plus also works as a wireless router. Most of the time, there would be no issues when having two routers.

Sometimes, if you use Xbox or Playstation, it might require one router only to get rid of the double NAT type limitation. So you might need to set up Deco M9 to access point mode:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode?

And What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

For more details about the TP-link router set up with Starlink service, please refer to this link:

How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router to Starlink Internet

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 744

Replies: 1

Related Articles