Why is Deco4ISP showing offline in controller, but customer is reporting online.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Why is Deco4ISP showing offline in controller, but customer is reporting online.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-07 17:09:45
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.5.5 Build 20210608 Rel. 56190

I have a customer in my Deco4ISP controller that says they are offline. When I called the customer to ask if they are experiencing any issues they let me know that they are online, and when they performed a search on google for "whats my IP" it is reading the correct static IP we have assigned on the Deco, so they have no interest in performing any troubleshooting. 

7544993a9b454afcae0f0d868035c059

Does anybody know what could be causing this issue? Maybe it's a firmware issue? I copied the firmware version from the main Network List.

Also, why can't we view a network in "read-only mode" when a network goes offline? It makes it very difficult to view things, like an SSID. An example is a customer factory resets their Deco and brings it to me so I can re-program it. They do not know what their Wi-Fi SSID or password was. I set it up to what they think it was. They get it home. It is not the same.  I believe that having these options viewable, but maybe locked and visible would be a better option. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Why is Deco4ISP showing offline in controller, but customer is reporting online.
2022-07-12 06:37:27

Hi, Please refer to the suggestion on this link:

Deco 4 ISP - Network List - Show Deco Count on main Network List

Best regards.

Options
Re:Why is Deco4ISP showing offline in controller, but customer is reporting online.
2022-07-12 20:10:51

@David-TP 

There is no suggestion on your link related to my issue. This is separate from the recommendation I made, and it is also separate from the other issue I am having. 

Options
2022-07-13 02:39:18 - last edited 2022-07-13 02:40:40

@Daniel_ISP 

Thank you very much for the update.

Deco for ISP models use customized firmware versions and are managed by the ISP controller directly, which is quite different from the general Deco models for the end-users.

So all the feedback and feature requests will be forwarded to another VIP Support Team for further assistance.

I was told that there has been a support ticket-TKID22070xxxx for you and it is highly appreciated if you could update this support ticket directly.

Thank you again for your cooperation and support.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-14 20:50:50

@David-TP 

How do I access the support ticket? I was emailed a notification that a ticket was opened 7 days ago but I have yet to receive any indicator it was viewed yet as I have not received any questions about it. Do I just provide the updates via email, or is there a web portal somewhere to access this? 

Options
2022-07-15 01:47:53

@Daniel_ISP 

Thank you very much for the update.

We have sent them a notification yesterday and the engineers would view the issues as soon as possible.

You could provide the updates via email directly and explain to the engineers all the issues you have experienced.

There isn't a phone number for Deco for ISP service directly and I used to see there is a public Facebook group discussion for Deco ISP platform.

Maybe you are interested and here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/decoisp/about

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 5

Related Articles