Deco4ISP - "inactive" devices popping up when we installing Decos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-07 17:28:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.5.5 Build 20210608 Rel. 56190

I have additional inactive sites in my Deco4ISP controller that pop when we do installs. I have a site with 2 Decos and a license on it and it's working perfectly, it seems to be generating another user site called "New Site 6/30" and it has a single deco in it, and a license associated with it. We only performed one install in the last 3 days around that time, so I don't think it was from another install that went weird. 

This happens every once in awhile. I also have a "new site 6/20" that was generated when we did an install for someone, and their site is normal, and the mac addresses and licenses are not shared in the two sites....

What is going on? 

Sorry I deleted the sites before i took a screenshot. I didn't notice any issues with any other sites when I deleted them, but it's very weird that they are generating themselves. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco4ISP - "inactive" devices popping up when we installing Decos
2022-07-12 06:37:41

Hi, Please refer to the suggestion on this link:

Deco 4 ISP - Network List - Show Deco Count on main Network List

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco4ISP - "inactive" devices popping up when we installing Decos
2022-07-12 19:34:57

@David-TP 

I'm unsure how the recommendation for the ability to see the count of Decos in a site from the main network list that I made is related to this issue. 

Let me give more detail. The two sites below are the same customer from the same onsite we did for an installation. The customer was set up, and then when we got back to the office we saw that there were two sites for the same person. The site that is called "New_network_2/02_1..." popped up alongside another site called "New_network_02/02/_1..." 
They have the same name. One of the sites has no online Decos. The other site has multiple online Decos. The Deco mac address and license on the offline site do not match any of the Decs mac addresses or the license for the online site. 

Also, notice the username is Melinda on the online site. The network name is not showing the adjustment we made to it. This will make more sense in the next picture after the one below. 

ca26c607fe354a0fb7eff7d199a77df3

This is what I see when I click the online network in the above image with the name "New_network_2/02_1..."

It has the correct network name and username. 

f938918a7f40486f8d272921db3b9fd1

When I click the offline site i see this. If I were to delete the offline site I'm unsure if it will negatively effect the online site because they seem to be connected to each other in some way. 

58e6ac6430d940e3a2ae60002986399a

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 2