Add VPN Server Capabilities to existing Deco X90 Home Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-11 16:57:36
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 65801

Hi all,

I have two X90's set up and I was wondering what your thoughts and ideas would be on how I could set up a VPN server in the topology, given the X90's dont have any VPN server option to configure.

I don't mind purchasing another router, but I don't really want to put another one as my core router and the X90's as access points because to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) I would lose the features of the X90's like parental control, etc.

Is there anyway possible I could add another router in a certain configuration of the network that would allow VPN server into the home network?  Would the VPN Server router have to be the DHCP router for the whole network or is there a way I can leave the X90's configured as is and add something to the mix to get Home VPN Server capabilities?

Thanks folks for any reponses/expertise you may be able to provide,

BC

Options
2 Reply
Re:Add VPN Server Capabilities to existing Deco X90 Home Network
2022-07-12 06:44:31

@bncaswel 

The VPN router does not have to be DHCP router and if the VPN server router is connected behind Deco X90, you could try to configure port forwarding for the VPN server router to allow remote access to the VPN server.

How to set up Port Forwarding feature on the Deco

Best regards.

Options
Re:Add VPN Server Capabilities to existing Deco X90 Home Network
2022-07-13 12:20:46

@David-TP 

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try and hopefully circle back with success status.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 2