Odd behavior with Roku Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 11:47:33 - last edited 2022-07-13 02:31:56
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553)

I am experiencing some really weird behavior with my Roku Devices. I have read previous posts explaining that TP Link was not able to verify the manufacturer's MAC address and so was placing devices into an unknown category. I have checked the MAC addresses of my devices and they all are linked to Roku so they are not using private MAC addresses like an Apple device. Things I have tried are:

1) Rebooting Router

2) Resetting Router

3) Renaming Roku devices

4) Renaming Roku devices on the Roku website

Still the same issue. The devices still WORK properly even while listed as unknown so it might be a bug. 

The most interesting thing is that the devices go into the unknown category AT THE SAME TIME. I have a picture of the behavior:

When devices go into the unknown device list, the connection interface is blank and the connection duration is reset to 0 as if the device disconnects. 

271ce9ef65014ba7864575797fd7e4f5

Update 7-12-2022

I reset the router and made sure most of my Roku's were on this main router instead of the AP. Sure enough, this only happens with Roku devices: The living room roku is wired. But the other 4 roku's are seen as Unknown at the exact same time. Each one of these Roku's are different models. The Kitchen is the newest while the Garage is one of the older models. 

37b31d8940ea40b48b2ac65afdb5c2ed

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 211

Replies: 0