Why Premium?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Why Premium?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Why Premium?
Why Premium?
2022-07-12 20:49:54
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20220316 rel.35540(5553)

As TP-Link is one of my favorite products that fill my house. It saddens me that they have decided to put parental controls behind a paywall.

I feel that blocking specific devices from reaching outside the network for SAFETY reasons should not require a paid subscription. I use parental controls to keep any of my IP Cameras from reaching the outside network and contacting their home country. 

Is there anything we can do to circumvent this issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why Premium?
2022-07-13 01:53:20

Hello @Lumpi86 

HomeShield is a new security protection function provided by Avira, it has more advanced and powerful user functionality with more detailed reporting compared with the old versions, and this is where the value for the subscription really comes in. HomeShield is divided into the "limited" part and "Pro" part. The "Limited" part is free, while the "Pro" part requires a subscription and payment to use. It should be noted that HomeShield has a two-month free trial period during Prime Day Flash Sale (July 9 – July 16) for the users who subscribe for the first time.

Regarding the Parental Control settings, you should still be allowed to use the basic features without a payment, please check the below guide for more detailed instructions:

ow to set up the HomeShield Parental Controls feature on a TP-Link Router

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 731

Replies: 1

Related Articles