Cannot Block Domain in Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-15 18:18:16 - last edited 2022-07-15 18:20:55
Tags: #Parental Control #domain blocking
Model: Archer C6U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20201230 rel. 53346

Hello. I wanted to block Youtube and tried the following combinations:

www.youtube.com

www.m.youtube.com

*.youtube.com

youtube

Entire internet access gets blocked when I click on Pause or when I set Time Limits or Bed Time.

What is the problem here?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot Block Domain in Parental Controls
2022-07-20 07:25:51

Hello @TheOneGuy 

Please firstly check and ensure the Parental Control settings on the C6U are correct:

How to configure Parental Controls on the Wi-Fi Routers

If YouTube still cannot be blocked, try to add the below domains to the blocked websites, then confirm:

youtube.com
youtube-ui.google.com
m.youtube.com
youtubei.googleapis.com

What's more, please ensure there is no VPN enabled in the network, which may invalidate the block settings.

Options
Re:Cannot Block Domain in Parental Controls
2022-07-22 06:24:48 - last edited 2022-07-22 06:44:56

@Kevin_Z This is what I have set up:

34bcf6423d6b4c2bba4e4b71d361e484

On Android smartphone entire internet is blocked in browser. Not just websites in blacklist. Youtube app is blocked as well however Facebook app still has access.

On iPad 9 entire internet is blocked in browser except Google.com, Facebook.com and Youtube.com is not. Also Facebook app and Youtube app still have internet access.

1. Why blocked websites are not limited to websites in the parental block list?

2. Why results are so inconsistent between 2 devices? They are in the same group of devices in parental control.

I have tried this with only Bed Time mode. Then I tried this with Pause mode. No difference. iPad 9 seems to work be able to access Google.com, Youtube.com and Facebook.com in browser. Youtube app and Facebook app access internet as well. Disabling private MAC on devices didn't make any difference as well. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 464

Replies: 2

Tags

Parental Control
domain blocking
Related Articles